Aftermarket Proposals and Projects Manager
February 28, 2023
Location: OGS Cold Meece, TTL Ellesmere Port, Home Office & Customer Sites
Department: Aftermarket Service (Service and Spares)
Key Objectives: The principal function of this position
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the role will be responsible for both OGS and TTL:
- Providing proposals for high-value high-margin aftermarket spares, client system upgrades/repairs/training and self-generated sales;
- Converting to order and executing orders at or above the quoted margins.
Main focus will be on dealing with new and existing customer within the renewables industry (Incl. but not limited to Biomethane). Key Responsibilities: The priorities of this role include:
- Working with the Customer Service Manager and Aftermarket Sales Manager, Develop Sales & Marketing Strategies for target growth areas/customers/Projects to MRO and Self-Generated Sales.
- Assisting in the delivery of customer spares management (direct delivery and bonded stock control), critical insurance spares service packages, obsolescence management, whilst protecting spares sales through OGS or TTL part numbering system.
- Establish and maintain clear and pragmatic documented processes/forms/templates, for aftermarket Service proposals and projects, applicable across both nZero sites. Ensuring that all activities are contractually correct to minimise commercial risk.
- Proactively Develop Relationships with clients through excellent communications, levels of service and effective management of expectations.
- Ensure quotations and supporting material relative to an enquiry are produced in a timely/customer focussed manner through effective collaboration with the relevant teams across the Group.
- Accountable for production of customer quotations, ensuring that all technical and commercial conditions are clearly defined.
- Forecast Booking and Billing activity Aftermarket Services (incl. expected margins), early analysis of variances to budget and identify actions to remedy any shortfall.
- Continually update all activities on our chosen CRM package as necessary.
- Support Admin. in arranging Import / export, shipping, expediting, commercial invoicing, Harmonisation codes.
- Accountable for order management of Aftermarket orders to ensure customer orders are delivered/installed/commissioned on time to requested date. Through close collaboration, as necessary, with all other departments and Admin. team for transactional orders.
- Keeping Service coordinators informed well in advance of upcoming site work to schedule and any changes to dates
- Working with Procurement to obtain the best deals for orders in hand.
- Ensure arrival and storage of all items received at stores, for customer order fulfilment, strictly follow the Service stores process for identification, segregation etc.
- Provide clear direction to the Admin. support teams regarding order management activities (incl. invoicing).
- Sign off all proposals, Order Acknowledgements supplier POs according to latest Group/Company Delegation of Authority matrix.
- Support Finance department to collect any overdue debt, where necessary.
- Provide Technical Support to customers as required by the Service Support Coordinators.
- Application of the above to other customer industries revenue streams, as necessary.
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
- QEMS Responsibilities: The Managing Director and Senior Management Team, both individually and collectively, will ensure that the Quality and Environmental Management System policies and procedures are is applied throughout the company and that those employed by the company are kept fully informed of the content. Top management shall assign the responsibility and authority for ensuring that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 (as per Clause 5.3 a)). The Managing Director and the Senior Management Team shall promote customer focus throughout the organisation. The Managing Director and the Senior Management Team ensure that risks and opportunities that can affect conformity and the ability to enhance customer satisfaction are determined and recorded within the Business Context Risk Register ‘TTLPro003’ and RIP Management Procedure and Register ‘TTLPro004’ as per ISO 9001:2015 Clause 5.1.2 b) and 5.3 d).
Academic qualifications/level of education – HND Engineering
Specific Skills e.g. IT, technical, HGV licence
Previous Sales Experience ideally within a process analysis environment.
Project management experience would be desirable
Knowledge e.g. of particular IT package, industry standards, commercial awareness.
Commercial awareness of contract commercial terms and legal Ts&Cs
Excellent working knowledge of MS SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Good technical knowledge of industrial instrumentation and system integration
Knowledge & experience of Sales Pursuits would be an advantage
Competencies/Attributes e.g. relevant qualities or characteristics such as leadership, relationship building, calm under pressure. • Results orientated individual who can prioritise own work and meet key deadlines.
- Self-Motivated and driven to achieve targets.
- Good interpersonal skills – confident when meeting new customers.
- Able to gain confidence & trust of our clients.
- Good questioning & listening skills.
- Have good awareness of commercial impact on technical decisions.
Experience e.g. highways, joint ventures, handling customer complaints, team development.
Established process maps and shared departmental ‘tools’
Have a minimum of at least 5 years’ experience within the utilities, process, oil & gas, petrochemical, power, steel or pharmaceutical industries.
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to email@example.com.